CONTACT

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Simon Procter is the Rembrandt of modern photography.

Simon Procter is the Rembrandt of modern photography.


I was reading his bio before I got to see his work when I discovered that I had seen his work a lot in V Magazine and in a lot of editorials that were especially striking to me.

His background is in art of course and he was asked spur of the moment to photograph a Dior show suspended 100 feet in the air and voila, a star photographer was born.
It's amazing viewing what patience and precision must go into a lot of his large production photography work.
If you know the trouble it is to just get one model in a shot, most of his shots have at least 3-5 models in every frame.
That is a HUGE undertaking....wow!
The team must be tremendous and everybody
would have to be high on the excellence standard.

Galliano for Harper's Bazaar

For all of his work I can see that everyone put in time
and of course each person on the team had to have numerous assistants.
However, can I just say that the stylist worked their behind off for
these next two shots!



The famous Gareth Pugh dress for V Magazine

One of my favorite resort shows
became an editorial for V Magazine.
The Chanel 2010 Resort line
Is his lighting and mood for this
just dead on?!
Immaculate work!


This is I think one of my favorite
skyline shots of NYC.

I really wish I was not limited to the size of my blog to
show you the wonder of the shot below.
Makes me want to say,
"Ma, how'd they do that?"

Fashion stylists, is this collar work amazing or what?

Again, I just appreciate the work that goes into his artistry.
So much of it looks like a painting or just really makes a visual impact and generates immediate interest.
It is very hard not to notice Mr. Procter's work.
Even a lay person can appreciate his POV.


pix:jedroot.com

I'm trying to get better and better but I just have one thing to say as always,
Simon Procter, I want to work with YOU one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment